Friday 20 March 2020

Life in Jerusalem during the Corona Crisis - part 2

Because I was behind with my reading schedule, that morning I read a few days from my devotional. They were from Great Days with the Great Lives by Charles Swindoll. March 17, about queen Esther, read as if it was written for me: 

  • What does it matter if I get involved or not? ...
  • When we have been called "for such a time as this," how tragic it is if we don't stand up in that hour.
  • Numerous needs and issues surround us. They summon us to stand up and be counted. While we will not be able to respond to all of them, the solution is not to respond to none of them! So let me ask you: What are you doing to stand up, to stand alone, to answer the call of God in this hour?

Swindoll then sums up many worthy causes worthy considering, to which I added: What about the Corona Virus crisis? This is an urgent hour of need. 
  • Are you there, ready to be salt and light, in this hour?
  • Not until you believe one person can make a difference will you be willing to take a risk. Quit being so careful about protecting your own back. Stop worrying about what others will think. You don't answer to them. You answer to Him. He will help. He will give you wisdom and courage. You may be only one, but you are one. So, take a risk!


And the devotional of March 18 read:

“If anything, the sovereignty of God makes me active. It drives me before Him as I plead, "Lord, involve me in the process, if it pleases You. Activate me in Your action plan. I'm available. [Hineni – Here I am, Lord] Speak through me. Use me."

Well, after reading those very timely words, my doubt disappeared like the morning mist.